We are looking for a Network/Security Engineer to be responsible for the day-to-day administration and oversight of all network infrastructure/services. This is a technical position, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills - combined with a keen ability to communicate well in both verbal and written form. If chosen to be a part of our team, you will participate in many exciting network and technology deployment projects, as well as, day to day hands-on networking support . We believe that the right candidate will have at least 7 years of experience, with the majority of that time spent working with Cisco networking infrastructure.
Required Technical Skills:
• Must have worked hands-on and in-depth with datacenter networking devices like firewalls (e.g. Cisco ASA 55xx, PAN, etc.) and switches (e.g. Cisco 3850, 45xx) and SSL VPN solutions (e.g. Cisco , PAN)
• Must have an understanding of, and be able to learn details of network monitoring solutions (e.g. cacti, Solarwinds, etc.) and essential network management tools (e.g. wireshark, etc.). Should be able to build and support network management infrastructure and support incident response initiatives.
• Experience of WAN support in networks involving MPLS, DMVPN and public internet links. Should be comfortable with OSPF, BGP, IPSec, STP and DNS.
• Broad knowledge of as many of the below technologies will be a strong plus
○Load balancers like Citrix Netscaler, BigIP F5, etc.
○WAN accelerators like Riverbed, Citrix, etc.
○New technologies from Cisco e.g. Nexus and UCS
○Wireless LAN technologies like Cisco, Aruba or Meraki
• Relevant network certifications preferred
• Plan, install, configure and manage all network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers and APs, SSL VPN, WAN compression, etc.)
• Do technical design for projects and major changes. Create work breakdown structure and estimate high level effort for individual tasks. Share tasks across the team and lead work items to closure
• Maintain and ensure the reliability and performance of all LAN, WAN, and VPN components and technologies across our customers
• Respond, troubleshoot, identify root cause and remediate issues in a complete, documented and timely manner.
• Provide support to more junior network technicians as required.
• Ensure that appropriate monitoring, alerting and logging mechanisms are in place and functioning optimally all the time
• Design and develop tools for detection of malicious network activity
• Create, maintain and ensure the accuracy of all documentation related to network hardware, software, configurations and processes
• Maintain and ensure that automated backups of all configurations are done on a routine and consistent basis
• Maintain network equipment for worldwide sites. Replace hardware (working with on-site resources), resolve technical issues and manage support with manufacturers and ISPs
• Ensure compliance and provide evidence as required for regulatory audits (e.g. SOX)