Technical Service Delivery Lead
We are looking for a Technical Service Delivery Lead. We believe that the right candidate will have at least 7 years of relevant experience, with a solid technical background, project management skills and ability to communicate well in both verbal and written form. The primary responsibility is to manage service delivery (project, operational, escalation) for a set of customers, and coordinate the day to day work as well as new projects.
• Technical analysis and communications: Will need to study technical inputs from multiple parties and communicate status and decisions. Need to understand technical tasks independently, and in conjunction with subject matter experts.
• Manage and mitigate crisis incidents through excellent coordination, resourcefulness, postmortems, reporting and change management.
• Workload management: Responsible for creating project work breakdown structures, plan resource utilization and tenaciously track all work items encompassing the whole team. This requires diligent triaging of ticket queues, keeping on top of email chains and constant communications with team members.
• Project ownership: Manage large scale system and network deployments. Create architecture documents, project plans, identify risks and clearly articulate to project stakeholders
• Attend scheduled meetings (conference calls or in-person meetings) for regular work planning, change control reviews and one-off projects. Responsible for coming up with the proper agenda items for many of these meetings.
• This is not a people management position involving HR, financial or sales responsibilities.
Required Skills :
• Must be technical, with hands-on experience of system administration, preferably experience of Windows server side infrastructure (Windows 2008, 2012 / Active Directory / Clustering / Exchange 2010, 2013, etc.). Good understanding of private cloud (VMWare) and public cloud (Azure, AWS) will be a very strong plus. For the right candidate we are flexible about the specific technical background as long as one demonstrates mature and logical thinking when faced with projects and troubleshooting tasks. A desirable trait will be breadth of technical experience i.e. you have done enough in networking, storage, backups, etc. areas to be able to approach projects and troubleshooting tasks with proper perspective.
• Project management skills are necessary - workload balancing, prioritization, tracking.
• Highly organized: Need to have a mindset for not dropping any work items (even small ones), detail oriented regarding technical requirements, and keen on following up with others in order to accomplish closure on task items. The ability to multi-task is a requirement and you must be highly organized. The right candidate will be able to keep a cool head in the face of pressure, and will use good judgment in managing time. Being able to keep track of a multitude of emails, tickets, meeting minutes, etc. needs to be a personality attribute.
• Top notch communication skills: There will be a lot of customer communication, so writing ability (email) and verbal communications (conference calls) needs to be top notch. Much of our internal communication as well as communication with customers are done over email. Your emails must contain more than inscrutable one-liners that leave customers and co-workers wondering what you are talking about. You must have the ability to look at the email you are about to send and objectively decide whether or not you have included enough context in the email for the recipients to understand what you are trying to express to them.
• A potential candidate for this position MUST be motivated to take ownership of their assigned customer environments, have the curiosity to explore it, and think of ways to make it better. We are not looking for passive candidates who wait for issues to arrive and then “work or reassign the ticket”. We want people who actively seek out work and improve both the environments that they are responsible for and their own technical skill set.
• Experience managing external clients (not internal IT) would be an added advantage. Prior experience working at an ISP/Managed Services/IT Services company is preferred, and a background in dealing with global teams and remote teams will be a strong plus.
About the work environment:
We are an excellent fit for those in IT who want to be the "product of the company" rather than the "internal support organization". Work is fast and exciting because you will serve outside customers and deal with multiple technology stacks.
There is little hierarchy here, zero politics and a get-things-done mindset. Team play and clear communications earn us success, so good written and verbal communication skills are required to succeed in this role.
We are an operations company, so you must be prepared to work outside the 8 to 5 routine, sometimes. We balance that off with flexibility during regular hours to accomodate family needs and activities.
We offer excellent health, vision, dental and other standard benefits. Stratogent is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is in San Mateo. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.